HOME  |  ABOUT US  |  HABITS      OUR APPROACH  |  PRODUCTS & SERVICES  |  EVENTS  |  ARTICLES  |  CONTACT
 
Help with Habits
Eating Problems
Relationships
Parenting
Drugs & Alcohol
Obsessive Thinking
Loss of Temper
Overworking
Smoking
Over Spending
Procrastination
Gambling
Nervous Habits
Promiscuity
Lying

 

Emotional Eating - Overeating Help - Compulsive Eating Disorders

Monday, May 17, 2010

Letting go of the scale!

I overate at a party on last night. No big surprise there, as I have a tendency to overeat when there is lots of yummy food prepared by someone else! Today, I see myself desperately wanting to get on the scale. I want it to tell me how I should eat and exercise. If the scale shows me I have gained weight, I will eat only Lean Cuisines and take a long run. If I haven't, I will take an exercise break and eat normally.
How crazy is that? Why should I let a SCALE tell me how I should take care of myself??? Why can't I trust my body to tell me, since my body is who I'm talking about??? My body knows what food it needs today. It knows how much exercise it can handle.
So I take a deep breath, walk away from the scale, and take a few minutes to listen to my body. I check in with my hunger level, using a scale of 1 to 10. I discover that RIGHT NOW, I am not hungry at all. I then check in with my energy level and realize that I am exhausted, as I got about 5 hours of sleep. My body doesn't want to take a long run. It wants to rest.
So I keep checking in with my body as the day progresses, every hour or two, checking IN THE MOMENT on my hunger and energy level. I get hungry midday and eat a nourishing meal and end up not working out because my body just doesn't want it.
By the end of the day, I feel so grateful because I've been kind rather than punishing to my body; I've been practicing living in the moment and not in my crazy, distorted thoughts; and I have learned once again that my body is a beloved and trustworthy partner who has all the answers that I ever need about its self-care.
Have a wonderful, body-loving day!
Warmly,

Isabelle
303-817-6912

Archives - Previous Posts

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? : PopDex : Blogarama : Blogdigger : Bloguniverse

 

 

 

 

 

 
Home  |  About Us  |  Testimonials  |  Habits  |  Our Approach  |  Products & Services  |  Events  |  Articles  |  Contact